Before discussing the benefits as well as drawbacks of any particular technology it is very much necessary to know all the basics of that particular technology. So here we will discuss everything about the MBBR (Mixed Bed Bio Reactor technology) and also we will see the good and bad impact that this technology puts forward when it is used on a sewage treatment plant.
How to define MBBR treatment?
This particular technology of wastewater treatment was developed back in the year 1980s and early 1990s; the technology was developed with the aim of fulfilling the problems that were coming up with the other wastewater treatment method. Then over the years, this technology became very popular among the people for all the multiple benefits that it offers.
But just like every coin has two sides, everything has its own advantages as well as some disadvantages similarly there are benefits as well as some of its drawbacks that a person gets to deal with while using the MBBR technology for the wastewater treatment.
Though MBBR technology is used for the treatment of many types of wastewater but, here we will focus on all the benefits that it offers and all the drawbacks that one faces while using the technology on the sewage treatment plant.
The advantages of using the Mixed Bed Bio Reactor technology on a sewage treatment plant are as follows:
- The sludge retention time improves it gets much higher and effective.
- Fluctuating load doesn’t cause operational issues.
- The production of sludge becomes lower.
- Requires less space.
- Toxic shock resistant.
- The process doesn’t need a secondary filter.
Now that we have discussed all the advantages that are offered by the MBBR technology in case of a sewage treatment plant so we can now move to the discussion of the disadvantages of the same.
The disadvantages of the Mixed Bed Bio Reactor technology on a sewage treatment plant are as follows:
- The major disadvantage is that to be done with MBBR technology the process of sewage treatment becomes a biological process, so for that, there would be a need for highly qualified staff.
- Also, one would need to continuously monitor the activity of the bacteria.
- For avoiding the loss of media MBBR technology needs good quality operators and also a high-level engineering firm.
- The people are also often seen complaining about the washing out of fixed film media, even when there are many strainer systems installed.
- Mechanical component failure would lead to a total shut down of the plant.
- It doesn’t produce fully pure waster the water treated through MBR or FBMR is more pure.
Other than being used for the sewage treatment plant MBBR is also used for the treatment of wastewater of many other types, the other types of wastewater treatment providing plants include the effluent treatment plant, packaged type sewage treatment plant, underground sewage treatment plant and many more. If you need to know the way MBBR technology works with all of them or if you need to know the benefits that it offers and the disadvantages associated with this technology being used on them then for knowledge over that you should get in touch with the team of experts that are available at Clear Ion.