As the technologies are becoming more and more advanced every day therefore with the help of those technologies it has now become easy for the people to get the wastewater treated as now there are various types of machines that have been designed and manufactured for this purpose. The process of wastewater treatment in the present times due to the same advancing technologies and further developments in industrial manufacture and production purposes has become a lot more complicated therefore cannot be done manually therefore the best option is to get it done through a wastewater treatment plant.
Now if we get into more details of the wastewater treatment plants then there is not just one wastewater treatment but actually there are various types of wastewater treatment plants that are available in the market for the process of wastewater treatment to be conducted smoothly. The types of wastewater treatment plants include the sewage treatment plant, effluent treatment plant, common and combined effluent treatment plant, and the activated sludge plant.
Each type of plant is designed differently and also has different set features associated with it and it is so because each of them is designed to work in a different type of environment at different places. But here we will focus our discussion on one out of all these different types of the wastewater treatment plant and that is the sewage treatment plant.
Though the sewage treatment plant is very easy to install as well as to operate but sometimes the users are seen stuck with its operations as and when some technical fault occurs in the plant. The most common problem that most of the users face while using sewage treatment plant in India is the issue of the smell. So, here we will further focus our discussion on the ways and means through which the users would be able to easily get through this problem of sewage treatment plant producing a foul smell.
If the sewage treatment plant is giving out foul smells then to get rid of them and to get the plant back to normal working the user should take the measures given below:
- If the plant has not been serviced in a while then the first thing that should be done is getting it serviced and checked properly by an expert.
- The expert will then work on finding out the source of the smell along with conducting the service of the plant.
- In most cases, once the expert is able to identify the source of the smell after that it is immediately sealed and the smell goes away. But one should not try doing it themselves as that can prove to be harmful due to lack of needed experience and skill.
- There is also a possibility that the sewage treatment system is overloaded therefore one should get it emptied of the sludge.
- The process of emptying the system should be conducted at least once in a year to avoid sludge build-up in the plant as that may further result in foul smells.
- Also one should check if the plant is actually working for that the user needs to check the air blower if a humming sound is audible then the plant is working if not then it is not working.
- The user should not be using much of the chemicals in the process of treatment through the plant.
- Also, there should not be any type of food wastage present in the sewage treatment plant.
- Also, the air vents of the plant should be checked for any sort of blockage.
If there is any such issue like we have discussed here that is troubling the user with the workings of the plant then the best thing to do is to ask assistance from an experienced and well-skilled plant engineer. It is not at all safe for the user to get into the plant and to touch any of the equipment associated with it as that can really be fatal and also it may add more to the problems of the sewage treatment plant and can also cause irreversible damage to it and that may further result in a very huge financial loss.